Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Response from McDonalds Corporate!

When I first started my blog and did my comparison, I praised McDonald's for their consistency and quality. Their McDouble was excellent.

Well, as someone who has been very critical of McDonald's locations in the past, I often have found myself calling the restaurant or getting in touch with corporate whenever my meals have been of lower standard than I hold any restaurant to.

With that being said, I contacted McDonald's corporate and gave them my compliments over their rival, Burger King. Even linked them to my blog.

Yesterday, I got a response back from them!

Here's the transcript:


You wrote-

I visited your restaurant today and made a full review of your Dollar Menu: McDouble. I must say I was pleased with the overall sandwich in Value, Taste and Quality. I did have to reassemble the burger, and it was extremely saturated with ketchup. You can read the full review here: http://fastfude.blogspot.com along with seeing how well you stacked up against the local Burger King. I praise McDonalds for being consistent! Great job! Please share the link with the manager and crew! Looking forward to doing more business with this location!


----------------------------------------------

Message from McDonald's USA-

Hello Joseph:

Thank you for contacting McDonald's. We always enjoy hearing from our valued customers, and we're delighted to know you like our McDouble.

Be assured that at McDonald's, we continually review our menu to ensure that we serve the products that our customers will enjoy most. As appropriate, our Menu Management team makes changes or enhancements to our menu. We strive to satisfy the tastes of the nearly 50 million people we serve each day.

Since it's ultimately our customers who decide what products are offered at McDonald's, your comments are especially important to us. I've shared them with our Menu Management team for their ongoing evaluation of our menu.

Again, thank you for contacting McDonald's. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.


Samantha
McDonald's Customer Response Center


So there you have it! I'm glad they sent me a somewhat customized e-mail. Despite that it's still generic in a way.

Thanks for responding, McD's! I hope to see some McDonald's referrers in my traffic stats soon! If not, then I'll cry.

-Joe the (I'll totally take a sponsorship from McDonald's) Foodie

/sellout

20 comments:

  1. good to see they actually took the time to reply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow actually! They actually replied, that's actually good, thank you for sharing, and I gotta try the McDouble someday haha, see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty surprised they took the time to reply actually. Fair play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so u got money from them... or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope. I didn't. I'd totally take some dough from them though. A trillion dollar companies sponsorship would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, not so much a faceless organisation I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ill take a quarter lber with cheese

    ReplyDelete
  8. hhaha get that mcdonallds sponsorship that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha the end made me laugh, good to know they at least respond though eh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Imagine free mcdoubles for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As good as that sounds for the first three days; Gah. For the rest of my life... Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonder if they follow your blog now. Soon you'll do a bad review of something and it'll disappear off the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That would be an epic event. My influence will become godlike then. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. i enjoy mcdonalds but its not the best food aroun

    ReplyDelete
  15. By far, McDonald's isn't your usual Gourmet treat. I believe when you serve in total quantity exceeding a few hundred people a day, you can no longer call yourself Gourmet. Just my opinion though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yea they respond pretty quick when it comes to complaints. I once complained about a terrible smoothie i was given. They responded in a week with a letter of apology and two coupons for free mccafe lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that was really cool of them. I wouldn't expect a company that big to take notice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so you are a unofficial menu designer with MCD?

    ReplyDelete