Monday, May 30, 2011

Month Without Fast Food: Redeux (I don't speak French)

I guess I should revisit this.

June is starting out in less than two days. I tried last week and failed two days ago. That Monster Burger from Carls Jr. was amazing, I must say.

So, tonight after eating my George Foreman cooked porkchops I think to myself how hard it's going to be not to enjoy a nice juicy burger or chicken sandwich while I'm out and about.

I've done stints where I haven't purchased fast food for weeks at a time. More money issue than anything else. So I ended up saving by eating at home or just waiting until I got home to eat.

Unfortunately, I saw my body weight go up from those instances because of the starvation mode activation. I drowned myself in water to keep my hunger down while in college. It worked somewhat, but wasn't really the same. Eventually I would break down and eat some fast food.

But I'm doing this more for my health than money at the current moment. I know spending $1 on a burger seems cheap. But that $1 would get me a bag of rice with spices and whatnot. Much more filling and healthy than a burger.

I find myself snacking on these as well. High in protein and they taste amazing! Low in fat and sugar. I could eat a whole can if I didn't watch myself. You should try them if you don't have peanut alergies.

With that being said, On June 1st, 2011; I will hold myself steadfast in that I will not be purchasing any more fast food until July 1st.

Take note of that sentence. Yeah. You got that right. I left a loophole. If someone else buys me fast food, I'll totally eat. And I'll also do a review.

I intended on doing a review of that Monster Burger incarnation (Really a Double Six Dollar burger with Mayonnaise, Bacon and Cheese only). That thing was amazing. I must say.

I just wish it wasn't such a hassle to order the damn thing like they have it at Hardee's back home. And it's pretty expensive at $11. Well worth it though.

On top of all of that, I also want to review some civilian MRE's. Those are technically fast food since it's freeze dried and whatnot. But I don't consider them to violate my No-Fast-Food Month policy.

You guys should order these anyways. They're delicious and have an excellent shelf life.

:D

Well, that's all for now. Have fun!

-Joe the Foodie

4 comments: