Friday, May 27, 2011

Failure: Succumbing to Temptation

"Addict!" My girlfriend teases me, as I sink my teeth into a juicy burger from Carl's Jr. Two days, and I failed.
Maybe in part because I am addicted to the flavorful sustinence that is, fast food.
Maybe its my hypoglycemia.
Perhaps it was the emergency vet run I had to make when my dog stopped breathing and nearly suffocated to death. Stress makes me hungry and seek comfort. Fast Food is an easy way to get my comfort. The charred and cheesy goodness of a Six Dollar burger was appealing. But seeing as how I didn't intend on starting until June... maybe this wasn't a failure after all.


-Joe the Foodie

17 comments:

  1. That sounds so delicious right now, you're going to make me crash my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, doesnt count its still May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of it as your last hurrah before June =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have like 72 hours to inhale all the burgers you can! My math is probably wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM thats making me hungry haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried the new BBQ Steak sandwich from Jack In The Box? I could feel my arteries clogging, and I couldn't have been happier

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try not to eat too much, we don't want you do die!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah temptation. I fought it on the car ride to TN by ordering a salad at Steak 'n' Shake, but failed miserably once my father asked if I wanted some Catfish Nuggets from the local greasy spoon around the corner. D:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha it was a slow decline for me to get off fast food. Just cut back a little at a time and you'll get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm telling you dude, no matter HOW often I try to go on a diet, it just fails. So hard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am heading out to get some fast food, right now.

    ReplyDelete