Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A new project!

Hello readers. This is a Fast Food blog. Now, I'm super dedicated and will eat fast food just so this blog has some actual-ahem-fluff to it.

I'm fat. I'm not morbidly obese. But I'm a fat guy with a healthy layer of chub. Fast Food in itself is healthy in moderation. But I've had so much fast food this week in preparation for the blog. And who knows how much asbestos is in my french fries? I'm afraid my mesothelioma risk has skyrocketed or something. My breathing has become labored! Naw, I'm kidding. It's pretty safe.

I'm pretty excited about the new project after my Dollar Menu Challenge of the previous entries. This new project will be a month of Abstaining from Fast Food. My fat self will take a picture before this month, likely the day before the month.

Hell, why not do it now?


That's me. I'm not "out of shape" or anything. I work out. But I'm still chunktastic. I guess I shouldn't beat myself up too much about it because I used to look like this a year ago:

That was 310+lbs. I was scared to weigh myself. But over 70lbs later, you can see the difference.

In high school, I used to be cut, built. I was active. I taught martial arts, was aiming to go into the Army and was the Drill Team instructor for my ROTC group. I swam on the side and rode bikes like crazy. This is what I used to look like in High School:



As you can see, I was thinner. Had a less chubby face and my muscles were more defined. Over the years, after stopping Martial Arts training, high school Gym, and a motorcycle injury that severely inhibited my mobility, I began to atrophy and gain fat for a few years.

Now, I still am struggling to get back to what I was doing. So, for a whole month, I'm going to carefully watch my diet, and abstain from fast food. I will still have news of fast food restaurants and have a couple new additions to my blog team! I will give updates on my progress for a week. Take pictures as well. I will also give in to showing you guys my workout schedule and training regiment.

I won't be using expensive gyms or a Nautilus machine or anything. I'll be working out and eating healthy with stuff I have here at my house. I am going to succeed, but I can't do it without your support and even some advice!

Thanks everyone!

-Joe the Gonna-be-a-buff-guy Foodie

:P

37 comments:

  1. good luck with the routine, following to check the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my support, man! And some advice: Lifting heavy is the way to go if you want to lose weight, even if that sounds counter-intuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. I should probably outline my workout. The local Army Base has a training program I'm going to be trying.

    All compound exercises, with heavy things. Lifting dead to over your head. Jump roping with heavy and thick ropes. Pushups off of a telephone pole with ropes. It's pretty intense.

    I've got a pullup bar too, so those I'm gonna get back into getting my lats bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha nice blog! Gotta love fast food, and also u look better with your head shaved, haha following :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have my support man, keep it up, I will follow you, and your blog :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! i wish you the inner strength to succeed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys. Gotta wash off my old Ford Falcons tires tomorrow afternoon when I start this thing. They're moldy from storage. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. from first glance I thought this was a before and after blog for some diet and rigorous exercise... haha but then I read fast food and your plans to recreate 'Super Size Me' haha.

    Good luck with that man and hopefully in the near future you will start getting to look like your old self.
    I will be following though

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, looks like you lost a bit of weight.
    super size me 2?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay healthy mate, hope to see some real progress within the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you have changed alot. I too need to try and not eat fast food. It would save me money and calories

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are more brave then I for posting pictures ha ha. Keep up the good work. You have lost a lot already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like me. I can never get myself to stick to a regular diet, but kicking fast food and working out a bit more for a month or so usually keeps things in balance. Congrats on the 70 lbs and good luck to you for the month. Are you going to update with progress throughout the month? If so I'll be sure to keep checking

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret. I started my body program last week and all we need is discipline, but it's pretty hard to get used to it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! Make sure you stay focused on manageable goals. And yes, cut down on fast food! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will update for the whole month. New articles on the way as well. Got some interesting news back from McDs corporate about my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always hate seeing stories like this.
    You was once acitve and did sport. Why the change? I mean I was chubbyfat too. My highest weight was 115kg but I would never never never let me go in such a body as you had with those 310lbs.

    Best luck bro and one advice: go to the gym or buy a bench and train at home but don't do bodyweight stuff. Cardio for weighloss, lifting for musclegain, nutrition is very important. Eat as much protein as u can.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have my interest/attention.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best of luck! As others have said cardio is king!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good luck to you! I don't know if I could pull this off.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Best luck in your project

    I look foward to see you lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  22. I guess I should address JCF's concern. Before graduating high school; I was heading into the Army. I was fit, good looking and very active. One night, I got in an accident on my motorcycle (Not my fault), and completely devastated my left leg. I should have been in a half-body cast for six months.

    I refused the cast because I was so restless just laying in bed. But I kept making my injuries worse. I was taking all sorts of medication to keep me docile, so I would go out and work in the yard, work out, etc. They fought hard to put me in a wheelchair. I told them to shove it.

    They offered me a set of crutches, I refused. I wanted a cane instead. I was pretty much told my Army Career was done. They had me on NSAIDS at first, but they weren't keeping the swelling down. They gave me steroids. Ok, so I finished out the year with some roids in me. My arms and chest and shoulders got huge from that.

    But what happened after high school (still in a stiff-leg-cast at graduation) consisted of me trying to get into a new career. That involved computers and sitting for hours in a day.

    I formed habits, stopped taking the steroids and ended up inflating like a water retaining sea-cow.

    Then college hit. Got even lazier with my freshman 14(plus in my case). And what you see in that picture, was the result of three years of inactivity. 300+lbs of typical American.

    Today, I can run like before, just not as far or as much. My knee and thigh still gives me problems, but my muscle is long-since repaired. My bones are excellent and have already calcified over the new additions. I figured if it was going to hurt me too much, I would stop for a while and cycle in it's stead.

    So yeah. Everyone's life is different with different circumstances and opportunities. I did lose my mindset there for a while with being depressed about my career loss and other stuff. More my fault than anything else. Had no motivation.

    Now; I have motivation in my life! And I thank everyone from my lovely girlfriend to even you dudes here! So I thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice, very nice, congrats on the weight lose.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know so many guys from high school that were fat/almost obese and now they're thin as shit! You can do it! Its a slow process of course but you'll get through it. As for me I eat fast food when I'm too lazy to cook lol, but I gotta watch my weight too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yar. Wish this Seattle weather would clear up so I could go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck with the entire thing. You had better live up to it and post results here. You know we're expecting it and you wouldn't want to disappoint your followers.

    Just remember though, you have our full support.

    ReplyDelete