Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jack in the Box Snafu (Part 1)

Alright; I wasn't going to post this but I figured it was a juicy (crunchy) enough story to post.

One morning last weekend I decided to hit up my local Jack in the Box. It was 0900 but I was hankering for a burger. They're pretty much the only burger place near me that serves full menu all day.

Well; I get there and decide I might have some awesome quality luck if I acted like a "Secret Shopper" type person and did a carry out order. So I ordered my Bacon Ultimate with Onions and Extra Bacon, curly fries and a drink.

As soon as I finished paying, I went to put my wallet back in my pocket (And this is unrelated to the food, but it happened while I was in Jack) and my gun I was carrying fell out of my belt and down the back of my pants. It got stuck at the back of my knee and I quickly reached down and grabbed it so it wouldn't hit the floor. I scrambled off to the bathroom with my drink cup in my mouth and readjusted.

Several people dining in looked at me like I had just crapped my pants or something. Like a boss I quickly adjusted it and left the bathroom in less than 10 seconds like nothing happened.

So I stood there and watched as they made my food. I couldn't see the part where they put the fixings on it but stared none-the-less.

Eventually I got my food and headed out. Remembering to give my farewell to the manager on duty and saying her name. Very obvious fashion that some secret shoppers give themselves away with. Creepy to onlookers.

With that being said; I got home (About a 2 minute drive) and unwrap my burger. Well, the bun was overtoasted and stale. It crumbled to the touch. Meh, that's okay. I took my first bite of the burger. What's this?! Pickles? Who the heck ordered pickles? The pickles were dry too. Arid and flavorless. I quickly grabbed my receipt.

The chick who rung me up rung me up as "Add Onion, Ex Pickles". Well damn. I should've looked at the receipt. My loss.



I clear off the pickles and resume eating this oddly now dry burger that dripped with too much sauce. (Believe me, you had to be there.) Third bite in, OUCH! What in the world is this?

There was something hard that hurt my teeth when I bit it. "Oh hell no!" is what I ended up yelling as I excavated the partially chewed burger from my mouth. I mined and found the culprit. A 2mm bone fragment was in my burger. Hurt like all get out but I wasn't injured.

From my experience this is FDA acceptable that some bone make it into the hamburger and can be considered edible by humans. Okay. Well. I finished the burger like a tard, only finding small amounts of bone gristle that felt like sand in my teeth.

Eventually I got to eating the fries. Cold. Old. Expected for the AM crowd. No one orders fries at 9am. These were sitting there for an hour or so.

I had ordered Liz a Jacks Spicy Chicken sans tomato (Remember my last post about me not liking tomato, Liz is the same way sorta.) Her sandwich was cold like it was assembled on a morgue operating table.

Well; my handy-dandy receipt had a survey link and code on it. Sure enough I jumped on it and filled out the survey in my usual sarcastic, but pleasing matter-of-fact tone. Now came the waiting game as I'm sure my survey results got passed around to several Customer relations, Quality Control and Corporate people...

Stay tuned for part 2 of this story where I get a response from several Customer Relations People.

-Joe the Y u no have good quality today, Jack?! Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment