Sunday, June 10, 2012

Like a sir; I attended a wine tasting.

Okay, so last week I went to a fancy wine tasting, sipping on $80 bottles of the most disgusting grape flavored vinegar ever. Note; I don't like wine. Never have. Never will.

With that being said; I forced down 6 glasses of the stuff. I had to score it. Well; my scores were damned accurate compared to a professional wine tasters scored of the same wines.

And then it dawned on me... why can't I do this with Soda? Soda is a fast food in a sense. It's prebottled, carbonated at the factory and it comes in a variety of flavors.

My exquisite palate should be able to differentiate between a good Soda and a bad one. My favorite: Dr. Pepper and it's ghetto incarnations are easily distinguished between each other. I bet side-by-side I could pick out which one was the real Dr. Pepper and which one wasn't.

So; lets see if I'm able!



That will one of my upcoming challenges. Buy all the knockoffs of Dr. Pepper, Dr. Pepper itself, Diet Dr. Pepper and lets see if I can taste the difference between them.

See you next Friday when I indulge in the tastes of the Dr. Knockoffs.

-Joe the Pepper Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment